So you have decided to join the #90dayhairgrowth challenge. Welcome to the challenge. The challenge is not supposed to be stressful but fun and exciting.
Objectives of the Challenge
- to get to know your hair better
- to achieve the optimal growth
- to let your natural hair rest with less manipulation as possible
- to develop better hair care routines
- to have fun
- develop a closer relationship with yourself and self love “embrace your natural beauty”
In this post, we will discuss protective styling. Participants in the challenge are encouraged to wear protective styles for the next 90 days. So you may ask what is a protective style?
” Protective style is any hair configuration that keeps the ends of your hair tucked away.” These hairstyles requires little daily upkeep and assist with keeping your ends moisturized.This is also known to promote hair growth due to the reduction of manipulation (pulling and tugging on the ends causing shedding)
Protective styles include the following
- flat twist
- updos (pineapple, twisted updos)
- braids ( crochet braids,box braids)
- twists (Senegalese twists, two strand twists,)
- wigs (custom wig,human hair, synthetic )
- low/high buns
- twisted protective styles (individual twists)
- soft curls (twisted partially with bangs)
- faux locs
- cornrow bun
- goddess braids (updo or flat)
- side bags with undercut (bangs made with twists)
- side twist protective style
- braids with curls
- protective french braids
- multiple buns
- bun w/thin twists
- head wraps
- updo and coiffed (pin and tucked)
- perm rod sets (curlie curls)
- faux bun
- pulled back twists
Benefits of Protective Styling
- Creativity & Stylish Looks
- Length retention
- Protection of the Ends
- Maintaining moisture (struggling with Mositure click here to get the oils that you need)
- Ability to try new looks
One very Easy Protective Style for me are Crochet Braids… see a clip from a one month update. (Installed by Me)
When selecting a protective style: looks for styles that are easy for you as you may not like what looked good on another naturalista. You may have to change it up quickly. For the 90 day challenge, it is recommended that you change up your protective style every two weeks so that you will be able to wash and deep conditioning and massaging your scalp. Most of all be creative and find styles that fit your personality. Natural hair is so versatile.
Be Inspired….Embrace your Natural Beauty……..
My other go to quick style is the Faux Bun …..the easiest style ever….
*if interested in ordering a custom wig email at email@example.com
Hopefully these tips will help you out during your natural journey and during the #90dayhairgrowth challenge. Please make sure that you have subscribe as they well be updates tips and opportunities to win free products throughout the challenge. Maker sure you have also joined our group on facebook http://https://www.facebook.com/groups/1804019509828878/?ref=bookmarks.
Happy Growing ……#healthyhairgoals…….Don’t forget to post your pre-challenge pictures in the group for an entry in this month’s giveaway.
For more tips and information on my natural journey Grab your copy of my book “What your Momma Never Told You About Natural Hair”
Make sure you are drinking lots of water and eating properly during the challenge. Share the challenge with friend as you can encourage each other.
Much Love Nora…..
Donations and purchases made through this website go to the “BEYOUProject” as we endeavor to help young girls to have positive self-esteem and it helps to keep information presented here coming to you on a regular basis. We thank you in advance for your support and prayers.