I am a bargain shopper with the purpose to stretch the few coins that I have. In my lifetime, I have only been to the Black Friday sale events twice. I have often wanted to go because of all the great items that are in the ads at such reduced prices. But most times I just don’t want to tackle the crowds.
(in the US) the day after Thanksgiving, noted as the first day of traditional Christmas shopping, during which crowds of consumers are drawn to special offers by retailers. Now earlier than in the past years, Stores are starting done sales before on Thursday. (From about 2013 – present)
Black Friday – The day After Thanksgiving (Friday) is known as Black Friday. This also is unofficially or officially start of holiday shopping season. Almost all stores come out with Doorbuster Sales with early bird special to attract consumers to their stores. People stand in line hours before store is opened, to grab the bargain of the year. Just about every store has something that interests every one. For bargain hunters, if there is a biggest festival in a year, that would be, no doubt, the Black Friday Sales Events.
Why is it called Black Friday?
“Black Friday” relates to businesses recording their losses in red ink and gains in black. This tradition lives on in modern accounting software, hence the name.”
Decide what you want in advance. You may NOT be able to cover all the stores and may not be able to get ALL the early bird Specials. So decide in advance what is the most important item that you absolutely need.
– Give preference to big ticket item as you will save more on those item. For example, you are likely save few hundred dollars on an expensive TV of over thousand dollar than on a shoes of $20. While both may be available at very good prices but may be on two different stores, so you may only be able to get one (assuming both are doorbuster deals), and saving on the TV may be in range of few hundred dollars while saving on shoe may be in under $50.
– If possible have a group of people, but everyone going to a different store. Eah person going to any store may buy item for everyone else in the group. Although for some doorbuster items, store offer one slip to person, so you may not be able to get more than one such item.
– Check Price Matching Policy of stores. Some stores offer price match so instead of standing in queue you may just walk in to a store with no or less queue and that offers price match. (And yes, make sure that they have item in stock). Price Matching is always a tricky situation. Some stores may be kind enough to honour their words while other may NOT be. Some employee’s and Manager’s are also reluctant to offer price match.
– Buy in advance and get price adjusted on Black Friday day. Again, Some store may or may not adjust price. You may try return and re-purchase at Black Friday price on Black Friday.
– Buy Only what you need. Many stores are strict on re-stocking fee which may range from 5-15%.
– PARK SMART. Park in the parking lot of nearby other place where there is no sale. Walk to store. This way, you wont get stuck in BIG queue of people coming in and out to the main store.
– Shop Online. These day’s most Black Friday items are available online as well. Checkout dealsofamerica.com for all online deals. This is one of the best and most frequently updated website on the web so you are sure to get all bargains there. With rising gas prices, sinking temperatures (harsh winter) and many online deals with Free Shipping Offers, Online Shopping is gaining ground.
Best Buy Ads
Children’s Place Ads
Remember to give Thanks and keep Christ in the Holiday. He is the Reason for the Season.
Share Love and remember the less fortunate and consider giving back by sponsoring a needy family.
Much Love, Nora